AMX Assembly Instructions
Before you start
Before you start, make sure you read the AMX User Manual.
The following assembly guide applies to all variants of the AMX. This includes the AMX CLASSIC/AMX STEP/AMX MINI. Pay careful attention to the titles of each of the steps. If your AMX model is not mentioned in the title then these instructions do not apply to your AMX.
Certain connecting bolts and nuts of your AMX have recommended minimum and maximum torque settings. We would recommend going to a professional bicycle mechanic at the end of the build process to ensure all of the connecting nuts and bolts are torqued safely. This will ensure your AMX is ready for your first ride. The torque settings are in a table at the end of the AMX User Manual.
1. Charge your battery
While you get your AMX ready you can start charging your battery.
Insert the mains plug into the main housing of the charger, and plug the mains plug into a correctly installed mains outlet that is suitable for the plug on the mains plug lead.
The charger has two statue LEDs, that signify both power and the charging status. When you first plug in the charger the power LED will be red and the charge LED will be green.
Next open the charger port on the top of the battery.
Insert the charger into the battery as shown.
The green LED will change to red when you plug in the battery. This shows that the battery is charging.
When the charge LED changes back to green the battery is fully charged and ready to plug into your AMX.
2. AMX Unboxing
Your bike arrives in two boxes,
- Your bike (obviously) with the front wheel, handlebar and seat post off the frame.
- The accessory envelope containing:
- AMX Toolkit
- A Quick Start guide
- AMX pedals (pair)
- AMX battery charger and power cable
- AMX battery
- And any accessories ordered with your AMX
3. AMX Fork and Handlebar installation
- Twist the fork so it is facing forward.
- Remove the four front stem plate bolts using the 5mm allen key.
- Place the handlebar in position, make sure it is facing the right way.
- Hold the handlebar at the desired position, then tighten the 4 stem plate bolts (max torque: 8 N⋅m)
- Carefully remove the front brake calliper protection
- Attach the calliper to the fork using the 5mm allen key (torque: 6-8 N⋅m) to the two mounting bolts (you can gently pull on the brake cable to get enough slack). Insert these carefully to avoid cross-threading, the bolts needs to be aligned with the screw hole. These bolts should screw into the mounting holes without resistance. Don't over-tighten as you will need to adjust the brakes later.
- If you have front fenders, now is the time to install your front fender. Go to AMX Accessories Installation for the Front Fender installation.
4. AMX Front wheel installation
- Slide the front wheel in then tighten the bolts on each side using the 15mm spanner.
- Check the tyre pressure recommendation on the side of the tyre
- Pump the tyre to the recommended pressure
5. AMX Front disc brake setup
- Loosen the two brake mount bolts with the 5mm allen key
- Press and hold the corresponding brake lever, this will centre the brake calliper
- You can then tighten the two brake mount bolts with the 5mm allen key (torque: 6-8 N⋅m)
- Spin the wheel and check for any noises, the disc shouldn't touch the brake pads
- You can use the 5mm allen key in the brake calliper dial to bring the brake pad further or closer to the disc rotor.
- If you still get some noises, visually check that the disc is centre between the brake pads and readjust accordingly
6. AMX Seatpost installation
- Simply slide the seatpost in the seat tube (There are markings for easy setup)
- Tighten the bolt using the 5mm allen key (max torque: 7 N⋅m)
- Finally, check the saddle is setup using this video
7. AMX Pedals installation
- Check the pedals, they have a sticker indicating which side they will go (R for Right and L for Left). You must install the pedals on the correct side.
- Turn the right pedal clockwise to install, use the 15mm spanner to tighten (no need to over-tighten, pedals will tighten when you ride)
- Turn the left pedal anti-clockwise to install, use the 15mm spanner to tighten (no need to over-tighten, pedals will tighten when you ride)
8. AMX Battery installation
- Slide the battery into the controller. Push firmly so that it is properly seated into the controller
- Check if the battery red button is on
- Make sure the strap is secure
9. AMX Display setup
- Long-press the orange Power Button to turn the display on
- Press the two arrows button simultaneously
- Then use the arrows to navigate to P10
- Once you've reached P10, press the orange Power Button
- You can then adjust the speed limit using the arrow buttons.
- To save your chosen speed limit, press the orange Power Button
- Long-press the orange Power Button to turn the display off
Legal Speed Limit
EU / UK (Required for EPAC Compliance)
Please check for any local limits to ensure you can legally operate your AMX in your location
If you have purchased Fenders, the Light Pack, or the Throttle. Click here.
You are now ready to ride!